Are you feeling the emergence of a "double chin" or neck "waddle"? Do you feel self-conscious about the years it adds to your appearance? Would you like to see the return of your defined jawline that framed your face in your youth?
Then you are definitely a good candidate for one or a combination of these two minimally invasive neck contouring procedures. The results are immensely gratifying as you see by the before and after photos.
Submentoplasty or Neck Liposuction Redefines Chin
Neck liposuction erases the "double chin" of advancing age and restores the youthful definition of your jawline. Submentoplasty eliminates prominent neck muscle bands and fatty tissue under the chin. Both of these procedures also result in tightening of any loose skin in the neck and a nice improvement in neck contour.
Read more specifics about how to prepare for your submentoplasty surgery. Get the facts necessary to appropriately manage your expectations.
Chin and Neck Contouring Details
Neck liposuction surgery involves:
- A tiny incision behind each ear and a third tiny incision hidden in a natural crease under the chin.
- Any excess fatty tissue is suctioned away, with a secondary benefit of skin tightening following the procedure. The neck contour is doubly improved.
- Incisions are usually left open to allow for any drainage that may occur. Since they are so small, they heal inconspicuously to a small point.
- A compression chin strap is worn for 5-7 days post-op to help hold the reconstructed tissue in position and minimize post-op swelling and bruising.
Submentoplasty surgery involves:
- A small incision adjacent to the natural crease under your chin, similar to that used with chin augmentation.
- The skin of the region under the chin is elevated so that any excessive fatty tissue can be removed from this area.
- Any prominent muscle bands under the chin are repositioned to their more youthful midline location.
- Incisions are closed in layers with dissolvable sutures.
- A velcro compression chin strap bandage is worn for 5-7 days post-op. It helps hold the reconstructed tissue flaps in position and minimizes any post-op swelling and bruising.
Healing after cosmetic surgery for neck liposuction or submentoplasty requires a bit of downtime afterward. Get the post-op details you need to rest and heal.