Could your skin use a powerful boost of overall surface blemish clarity, color evening, skin brightening, tone improving, wrinkle smoothing, and skin firming? Do you want these benefits with very little downtime and no surgery?
If these goals and requirements are similar to your own ideas for enhancing your face, you may be a good candidate for ProFractional™ therapy.
What's the Science Behind Profractional™?
ProFractional™ therapy uses erbium:YAG laser technology to deliver “fractionated” laser resurfacing. This laser beam ablates thousands of pinpoint channels in your skin—deep below the epidermal layer.
Because only a fraction of your skin is directly ablated with the laser, the surrounding untreated tissue promotes rapid healing within 24-36 hours. The skin’s natural wound healing response creates new collagen, which adds firmness and resilience to your skin.
Profractional™ for Skin Remodeling
Sciton® ProFractional™ and ProFractional-XC™ fractionated laser resurfacing procedures offer dramatic results with minimal downtime.
Ultimately enhancing the overall appearance of your skin, ProFractional™ therapy is commonly used on the face, neck, chest and hands to treat:
- Acne Scars
- Skin Tone
- Skin Discoloration
ProFractional™ is also frequently performed as one part of a comprehensive combination therapy treatment plan. To provide maximum rejuvenation of aging skin, it’s often combined with Contour TRL™ or BBL™ Phototherapy. To improve treatment of acne—specifically substantial acne scarring—it is often combined with BBL™ active acne treatments.
How Do I Prepare for Fractional Resurfacing?
It’s important to plan ahead prior to Pro-Fractional™ and other resurfacing laser procedures that peel off varying layers of your skin. Be sure to take care of yourself by exercising vigilance in following the things to do before resurfacing treatment. Depending on your skin type, pre-treatment with products like HQRA+ may be required.
What Happens During Fractionated Laser Therapy?
- Treatment is only mildly uncomfortable with the use of topical numbing cream or local anesthetic, depending on the depth of treatment. Sedation and pain medication are also offered prior to treatment to ensure the highest possible patient comfort throughout the procedure.
- A cooling air blast blown directly on the areas being treated throughout the procedure serves as a further anesthetic to soothe and cool the skin.
- Your eyes are protected with safety shields.
- The laser handpiece, positioned gently on your skin, applies its energy in a rapid succession.
- Treatment normally takes 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
When Do I See Fractional Resurfacing Results?
- As your skin heals in the first couple of days following treatment, you may notice a general tightening effect. Within the first month, you may notice some initial improvements.
- The true benefit of ProFractional™ is the collagen remodeling that occurs during the 4-6 months following your treatment.
- Excellent results are often obtained in just one treatment, though the number of treatments needed may vary from patient to patient.
- For maximum results, we recommend ProFractional™ procedures be performed in a series of 3 treatments at intervals of 4-6 weeks.