While plastic surgery is still, by far, the most dramatic way to quickly rejuvenate and lift your face and neck, it’s just not an option for some women and men. Whether due to fear of surgery, or just the lack of time for the recovery period, you may want to explore other ways to reverse sagging tissues, compensate for volume loss, and turn back the clock to a more youthful appearance.
Restore your “V”
At Aesthetic Surgery Center in San Francisco, Dr. Michael R. Macdonald has devised a customized, nonsurgical rejuvenating procedure that restores your face to a younger “V” shape. The V shape is associated with youth, because the majority of tissue is in the mid face, rather than sagging down toward the chin, creating jowls, volume loss, and loose skin.
Based on your individual needs and goals, Dr. Macdonald’s trademarked Liquid V-Lift™ holistically improves your face by removing wrinkles and folds, such as:
- Worry lines (forehead furrows)
- Glabellar lines (frown lines)
- Periorbital lines (eye wrinkles)
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines, parentheses)
- Perioral lines (smoker’s lines)
- Oral commissures (smile lines)
- Marionette lines (mouth to chin)
The V-Lift can also reverse volume loss in your:
- Tear troughs (hollow under the eye area)
- Vermillion border (red part of the upper lip)
If you have an aging double chin that softens your profile, Dr. Macdonald also offers Kybella® injectable deoxycholic acid to melt fat away in a series of treatments.
An artist’s approach
A great artist would not select the same colors to paint your portrait as they would when painting your friend or neighbor, nor does Dr. Macdonald use the same therapies for everyone.
Instead, he relies on his highly developed sense of aesthetics and proportions, as well as his expert knowledge of facial anatomy, to devise the perfect combination of treatments to make you look younger, more energized, and radiant, while bringing out your natural and unique beauty.
Therapies on Dr. Macdonald’s palette include:
- Juvèderm® collection of hyaluronic-acid (HA) fillers
- Restylane® collection of HA fillers
- Radiesse® collagen-stimulating filler
- Botox® neuromodulator to smooth wrinkles
- Dysport® neuromodulator
- Kybella® to remove chin fat
Dr. Macdonald may also recommend laser skin revitalization to tone, tighten, and improve the quality and health of your skin. Laser therapy improves your skin by:
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles
- Removing hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Stimulating your skin to produce strengthening collagen
- Creating more elastic, firmer skin
- Tightening your skin
Other than some minor swelling or bruising for the first few days, you should have no downtime or discomfort after your V-Lift. Many women and men return to their normal activities once their 30- to 45-minute V-Lift procedure is finished.
Holistic therapy provides natural-looking results
Dr. Macdonald is an expert injector and nonsurgical aesthetic pioneer who’s been using Botox and Dysport to smooth wrinkles and dermal fillers to create youthful facial contours since 1995. His V-Lift is custom-designed to give you both immediate and gradual improvements so that your rejuvenation looks perfectly natural. Instead of having a “done” appearance, you look radiant, healthy, and energized.
Improvements you can expect include:
- No fine lines or wrinkles
- Folds and creases resolved and smoothed
- No more dark circles under your eyes
- Volume added to your temples
- Firmer, lifted, contoured cheeks and midface
- Lips enhanced
- Jawline more clearly defined
- Better skin tone and clarity
To maintain your benefits over the long term, Dr. Macdonald may recommend a custom-designed, medical-grade skin care and sun protection regimen. Regular chemical peels also help keep your skin in optimal condition.
Both immediate and long-lasting results
Each therapy in your V-Lift works on a different timeline. For instance, you see immediate improvements in volume and facial contours with the HA fillers. The neuromodulators may take days to up to two weeks to effectively smooth out wrinkles. You can usually see an improvement in skin tone and clarity directly after your laser therapy, but the benefits continue to accrue over several months.
Your Aesthetic Surgery Center team helps you schedule maintenance appointments based on the types of therapies in your V-Lift. The neuromodulators usually last about three to four months, while dermal fillers last from six months to a year.
To find out what kind of V-Lift Dr. Macdonald would design for you, call us today, or book an appointment online. If you decide to rejuvenate with an individualized V-Lift, your consultation is free.