Yes, if you:
- Desire to look your best at all times, hassle-free, no matter where you are or what you’re doing—working, shopping, exercising, sunbathing
- Have little time or priority for constant primping
- Suffer from sagging upper eyelids that make it difficult to apply eyeliner
- Feel your eyebrows are disappearing with age, or they have always been too sparse
- See your lip color fading and lip shape thinning with age
- Provides a youthful and alluring look
- Saves money and time not having to apply daily cosmetics
- Minimizes pulling at delicate skin around your eyes while applying or removing makeup
- Lifesaver for mature women whose hands have become unsteady or vision impaired through the natural course of aging
Cosmetic tattooing is a safe and effective procedure that applies semi-permanent makeup to the lips, eyeliner and eyebrow areas, as desired to better accentuate the features of your face.
- Filling in and darkening your eyebrows gives a fuller, more defined frame to the upper portion of your face, creating an illusion of bigger, more open eyes.
- Eyeliner on the upper and lower eyelids draws out the color of your eyes, accentuating their natural beauty, defining their shape, and creating thicker-looking eyelashes.
- Enriching your natural lip color produces a fuller, more youthful shape, whether defining your lip outline or filling in the entire lip area.
- Tattoo cosmetics are also used to camouflage scars, blend areas of hair loss, and remove the color of unwanted tattooing.
Prior to treatment, your face is cleansed and a topical anesthetic applied to minimize any minor discomfort during the procedure. Our makeup artist etches your semi-permanent tattoos by hand rather than machine. Although this takes more time, she finds it yields the most natural-looking result.
Depending on the facial features chosen for treatment, the procedure may last up to a few hours. You are comfortably soothed throughout with aromatherapy, a warm blanket and quiet music.
Post-procedure, the superficial wounds take 5-7 days to heal. The area should be kept moist by applying Aquaphor® or other similar healing ointment. Semi-permanent makeup initially appears darker, especially the first 7-10 days.
It may take up to 3 weeks for the true color to fully settle in to your skin. Semi-permanent makeup results last 2-5 years before fading to the point that you may desire touch-up treatment.