Am I A Candidate for SkinTyte™ Procedure?
Have you noticed the skin on your chin and down your neck become more loose and saggy, delicate and thin as you age? Do you see a “turkey waddle” beginning to develop? Are you feeling self-conscious about how old it makes you look because it doesn't reflect the age you feel?
For both men and women with aging skin, laxity develops in the jowls and neck and can make you feel sensitive or insecure about your appearance. The loss of a defined jawline adds significantly to the aged look of your face.
Pregnancies can be tough on a woman’s body, especially the skin. Think about the multiple times your abdominal skin has stretched and retracted to your normal size. Has this process left you with loose tummy skin?
Saggy skin throughout the body is, of course, not limited to those who have been pregnant. Everyone is affected by loss of skin elasticity associated with the forces of gravity and aging. No one escapes it, but the wonders of laser therapy can definitely reduce it.
You may be a great candidate for SkinTyte™ skin firming if you’re experiencing these issues. SkinTyte™ safely treats loose areas of skin anywhere on the face or body with wonderful results.
What's Behind the SkinTyte™ Science?
SkinTyte™ is based on the principle of selective thermolysis and utilizes pulsed light technology to deeply heat your skin while cooling and protecting the entire treated surface.
Infrared energy is used to deeply heat dermal collagen. This promotes partial denaturation and contraction of collagen. The heat also initiates the body’s natural healing process, creating a renewed collagen foundation, which leads to increased skin firmness.
SkinTyte™ for Skin Firming
SkinTyte™ is a fast and effective laser therapy for firming aging skin and activating new collagen growth. It works to strengthen skin and increase its natural elasticity.
Most commonly, patients request treatment in the following areas:
- Lower face, jowls, and neck
- Backs of hands
- Upper arms
- Above the knees
If you’ve had body liposuction or neck liposuction procedures, you may find yourself very pleased with your new refined contours. However, there are cases where the skin’s elasticity post-liposuction still needs some help. In other words, you may have some slight sagging you’d like to tighten non-surgically.
You may be a facelift patient that’s generally happy with the overall improvement of your appearance. Yet, your new look may benefit from further enhancement to the skin on your lower cheek, jowls and neck area.
Because of the facial volume loss caused by the aging process, the lower face can be a challenge to adequately address in a naturally looking way. SkinTyte™ treatment enhances the results of your facelift by re-stimulating your own body’s natural collagen production, thereby improving skin elasticity.
How Must I Prepare Before SkinTyte™ Treatment?
You need not worry about much to do before your treatment with SkinTyte™. As with all BBL™ procedures, the key is to avoid sun exposure 2-4 weeks prior to your scheduled sessions.
What Happens During Skin Firming Treatment?
- Topical anesthetic is not usually needed for this procedure, but you may choose to have it when treating more sensitive areas.
- You wear protective eyewear throughout the procedure. For your own comfort, we also recommend you keep your eyes closed to avoid focus on the bright, strobe-like light emitted by each laser pulse.
- SkinTyte™ light energy delivers a sequence of rapid, gentle pulses. A series of pulses are repeated over the select treated area to ensure best results.
- Treatment time varies based upon the areas treated. As a benchmark, to fully treat the face and neck generally takes about 30 minutes.
What Happens After Skin Tightening Treatment?
Educate yourself on what to expect after treatment with SkinTyte™ laser skin firming therapy.
When Do I See Results From SkinTyte™?
- Results of SkinTyte™ vary from person to person.
- Results often include some immediately noticeable firmness within the first month. Longer-lasting firmness in skin texture develops gradually, taking about 4 months to become fully visible. The collagen foundation of your skin continues to rebuild and strengthen for months afterward.
- Impressive results have been seen in treating neck and lower face areas that have traditionally remained “trouble spots” for many patients.
- Generally, we recommend patients receive 2-5 treatments at 2-4 week intervals in order to achieve maximum skin firming benefit. The number of treatments necessary varies based on your desired level of improvement, area(s) treated, and your existing skin condition.
SkinTyte™ Patient Testimonial